Coronavirus Statement from MPS PLLC
Dear Current & Prospective MPS clients,
In this time of worry, fear, and uncertainty our staff remains committed to supporting your emotional and physical health.
In order to exercise the utmost caution for our safety, our office is currently providing virtual teletherapy services. This allows us the opportunity to provide ongoing support and guidance during these unprecedented times. The MPS team is here to help you process your feelings, provide helpful ways to manage stress, reduce anxiety, develop healthy self-care routines, and continue to assist you in progressing on established treatment goals.
will regularly monitor recommendations from the CDC and local governments to reassess the safety of resuming in-person meetings. Our goal continues to be to provide strategies for well-being so you can thrive during this difficult time.
Please feel free to get in touch with our office if we can answer any questions and please see the helpful list of National, State, and Mental Health resources and articles listed below.
We wish everyone good health and happiness!
The MPS TEAM
HELPFUL COVID-19 RESOURCES:
Get the facts at both the state and national level by clicking the below links.
Helpful articles to process your feelings around the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A psychologist’s science-based tips for emotional resilience during the coronavirus crisis
- That Discomfort You’re Feeling Is Grief
Mental Health Resources:
Useful self-care apps, mediation relaxation apps, and links to podcasts and helpful articles.
- FACE COVID How to respond effectively to the Corona crisis by Dr Russ Harris, author of The Happiness Trap: https://drive.google.com/file/d/117HY4z4mY5izJpR44ejuZ8rhTyoWEGEG/view
- Care for Your Coronavirus Anxiety
- A Brain Hack to Break the Coronavirus Anxiety Cycle: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/13/well/mind/a-brain-hack-to-break-the-coronavirus-anxiety-cycle.html?__s=86xgsi42bzqssbsu9uxf
- Coronavirus Sanity Guide: Free resources provided by Ten Percent Happier: https://www.tenpercent.com/coronavirussanityguide
- Why your mental health may be suffering in the COVID-19 pandemic: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/why-your-mental-health-may-be-suffering-in-the-covid-19-pandemic
- Resources for Overcoming Coronavirus Anxiety– 5 Tips from talkspace.com: https://www.headspace.com/covid-19
- 125+ Free Streaming Workouts to Do From Home During Coronavirus; https://parade.com/1011717/jessicasager/best-free-workouts/
- Headspace Meditation (all ages): https://www.headspace.com/headspace-meditation-app
- Stop, Think, & Breathe Meditation (Kids & Adults): https://www.stopbreathethink.com/kids/; https://www.stopbreathethink.com/
- Dailyo– helps to set daily goals and will remind you. Allows you to process how you feel that day and write in a journal.
- Insight Timer- Good meditations for various needs/issues
- MyDBT- Provides skills to manage difficult emotions and allows tracking of skills.
- Impulse App-helps to note impulses and help with managing and recognizing them
- Headspace-Helps with guided imagery/meditation and allows you to write about and process difficult thoughts/feelings.
- Reflectly– journaling app to reflect on your day
- Sanity & Self-helps you to stay well with yourself during difficult times
- Relax+– Relaxation techniques
- I am- Helps with positive affirmations and allows for pop up reminders of selected affirmations
- Self checkout- allows you to check in on yourself and your feelings, allows for journaling too
- CBT-i coach:helps with sleeping better and with insomnia and techniques for combatting it
- Woebot-virtual “personal life coach” to help think and feel better.
- Toobee- positive affirmations and reminders as pop-up notifications to remind you of the affirmation at a frequency that works for you
- The Mighty-mental health articles and affirming posts for self-help
- Tara Brach, Ph.D is an internationally known meditation teacher and author of bestselling Radical Acceptance and True Refuge. Tara shares a weekly guided meditation and talk that blend Western psychology and Eastern spiritual practices. The podcast addresses the value of mindfulness meditation and self-compassion in relieving emotional suffering, serving spiritual awakening and bringing healing to our world: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/tara-brach/id265264862
- The Best Podcasts to Listen to Right NOW: https://www.papercitymag.com/culture/podcasts-coronavirus-brene-brown-dax-shepard-tim-ferriss/
Ways to Stay Connected & Entertained:
- The ultimate guide to hanging out virtually with your friends: https://www.latimes.com/lifestyle/story/2020-03-19/stay-virtually-connected-with-friends
- A list of live concerts to watch online during the Coronavirus shutdown: https://www.npr.org/2020/03/17/816504058/a-list-of-live-virtual-concerts-to-watch-during-the-coronavirus-shutdown
- 7 free apps to help you stay connected during Coronavirus: https://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/social-networking/networks/apps-to-stay-connected-coronavirus.htm
Entertaining apps to help children cope with COVID-19.
- School’s Out, Kids podcasts Are In (Plus Many More Educated-At-Home Resources)
- School’s Out (worksheet to help children cope with change)
- BrainPOP COVID-19 Resources
We hope you find the above resources to be valuable. If there are any additional resources you are seeking, please send a note to: email@example.com and we will do our best to assist.