Teenagers face many challenges in today’s world due to academic, social, parental, and societal pressures. Although everyone encounters times when they feel badly, if your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors are negatively impacting your quality of life, this could be a sign of a mental health difficulty. Psychotherapy with a qualified professional provides teens with a safe place to identify, express and explore: personal challenges, identity/sexuality questions, social issues/pressures, personality attributes and family relationships.
Reasons to Seek Psychotherapy Services:
- Feeling easily overwhelmed, stressed out, and/or consumed by worry
- Changes in eating and sleeping habits
- Social challenges
- Changes in grades
- Feeling alone, lonely or like you don’t fit in
- Loss of motivation
- Low self-esteem
- Questions related to sexuality or gender identity
- Feelings of sadness, apathy, or loss of interest
- Difficulty focusing or completing tasks
- Increased irritability or changes in mood
MPS PLLC clinicians specialize in providing psychotherapy to teens in high school ages 14 and older. MPS therapists are also trained in the assessment of attention, learning, and mood disorders. Having an official diagnosis can help teens get the educational accommodations necessary for increased academic and emotional success. Contact us today to see how we can help.